Monday, November 14, 2005

Foot massage in London

What is the cost of doing a massage in London?? The massage addict in me plays this question over and over again. Finally I decided to google for it!

Foot massage
For a foot massage in North London, I have to fork out £35 for a 1.5 hour session. That works out to about £23/hour or 1600B! Argh! It is 4-6 times the cost of doing it in Bangkok! And North London is not exactly " central". At this rate, I got to think many times before getting a good rub for my soles.

And now it scares me very much too to find out from another website that you just need to attend one day of lesson from 11 am to 5 pm and you get to be "CERTIFIED" and " registered" with some prestigious sounding associations. I am also quite curious with the fact that the "Thai foot massage" offered seems to cover hands as well in London.

Aromatherapy, Thai massage Tui Na, etc?
Hmm.. most websites are pretty "discrete" about it. Got to call for more information. However I read somewhere that it is easily £40-$100 per hour. While I question how "authentic" these massages are, I know that I do not have to worry much because at this rate, I will definitely be deprived of it.

Place for a good "clean" massage in London?
As the term used in massages seems to vary from place place, I think I better learn the correct terms. Indian Foot massage and Thai Foot massage is DIFFERENT! Would not want to end up in some places which offer "extra services".

No comments: