Sunday, July 30, 2006

A traveler's tales of the 7th month: different worlds ocupy the same sphere........

Want more tales?

"Molest" in a cruise ship.
Two colleagues who I know very well went for a company sponsored training in a cruise ship. This "pretty auntie" forget to bring her travel "protection charm" that she usually brings. On the last night of the trip, she was "molested". She was aware throughout the whole ordeal, but could not move.

She heard kissing sounds next to her ear, and the heavy breathing, and felt the hairy-ness, and the weight of a "man" on her! Gross!!!

These happened while another colleague; her room mate, a devout Christian-who-never-believe-in-nonsense watched in horror!!! According to the "pretty auntie", her roommate, S saw her grimacing and felt a certain shadow on her, and heard the kissing sound. S was not sure if she was imaging things, and could not wake this "pretty auntie" up by calling her name. She was so scared, she just prayed and prayed... and prayed. This thing still continued and only stopped when the first ray on sunlight came into the cabin.

When I heard it, I was like.. Ewwwww Gross!!!!! You are joking with me, is it?? Try to scare little girls like me?

Her response was, "Ask S, ask her what she saw while I was experiencing these?"

S's response was " No more S***cruise. Even if it is free!!!"

S is not someone who would "joke" about these stuff. And she visibly don't want to talk about these things. That afternoon, one went to her church to "cleanse", another quickly go to the temple.


Inside a pendulum called elevator
On a Thursday* night in the 7th month 2 years ago. I worked late, as usual. I think I left at almost 11 pm, the last person on my floor. When I walked to the lift lobby, I felt a presence--I ignored it- thought I was getting psychotic with all that amount of work that need to be completed. I was just impatient to get down, as I didn't want the taxi to run off, and end up waiting on that road.

The lift button was not exactly responsive at first. I really had to pressed it hard many times before the door would close. Darn, I cursed. This is supposedly by a world class architect!

When it went down, it was SHAKING!!!! I could feel myself wobbling from one side to the other, as if the cables were snapping or some force was shaking the lift like a pendulum?

At first, the joker in me thought
"Shit, too fat! Move to center to balance!"

But moving to the center did not "balance" it, and the shaking grew more violent, the lift seemed to shot down faster than usual! I had to "hold on" to the walls to help to balance myself. It was getting very scary. Only in those last few seconds, it occured to me, "
7th month!".
And I was like "Oii, don't play with me! I got nothing to do with you, whatever".

My horror ended when the lift landed with a violent THUD!

I think I srambled out of the lift with a very pale face. The security guard saw me and was concerned. "Are you ok, miss?", he asked. Hmmm, I must have looked very bad, as the guards are known to have a "dun care" attitude.

I told him "Something wrong with the lift, it was shaking!" I think this middle aged man saw the horror in my eyes; he gave me a "Oh, no, not that!!" look. He offered to "check the lift". He walked there reluctantly, take one glance and quickly walked back to tell me "Don't worry, tomorrow we get people to check".

I did not want to know what was going on, I was just too happy my cab was waiting for me, and I could go home! My hubby was probably wondering why I insisted he wait for me downstairs.

*According to a colleague, Thursday is not a "clean" night based on local beliefs. A thurday night on a 7th month makes it worse. Throughout that 7th month, she chased me home every Thursday night, or told us not stay in the office alone :)

No comments: