Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Tube Staff was such *&@&*"*$!^. Was he being racist or simply a horrible hooligan?

I am supposed to talk about happy things. In fact, I am dying to talk about that haircut, and my Portobello spree on that fateful day when England lost and my dear Shrek aka Wayne Rooney got a RED card. (My first impression of him was SHREKK!!!!!, He looks like Shrekkk) .

And yet, I don't think I can do anything else if I don't get it off my chest.

Have you ever experienced racism in London? No? Great. You are a tourist!!!

Racism is not uncommon here. Nope. It is not about the whites telling you to get off their "lovely" land, and stop sharing their agony or putting up with that "miserable" weather. It is about some other variety of the homo sapiens species.

If you are YELLOW, racisms come from the middle Eastern people, blacks, and also that chunk of people from southern part of Asian continent who hoped that they are white, but was unlucky to be dark. And these people talk about non-discrimination, minority, rights etc.... well, BS.

Today was bad! Very bad. I got fat forearm and my handbag trapped by the gate at the entrance to the Tube station.

It was not really painful when it "hits", but the pressure it exerts keeps increasing!!!

The moment I was stuck, I thought, " Ok, luckily the staff is right in front of me". The beeping sounds was very loud but he did not seem to do anything. I was yelling like, "Ahhhhh, I am stuck, my hand is stuck. My hand is stuck!!!!", and I kept on waving the other hand to catch his attention. I really panicked as the pressure increased, and it started to get painful!!! Still, no sign of him coming to my rescue.... our distance? 4-5 feet??? I could almost touch him and pull him!!! (I felt like kicking him!!!)

Hubby joined in the waving, and was getting annoyed.

That idiot walked towards me very very slowly, taking his time to get a key from his pocket that could be scanned to open the gate, and released me reluctantly. He gave my husband the "F*** You" look!!!

Hubby became damn angry, and went something like "hey what's wrong with you?? Can't you see she is stuck???"

Then, he picked a fight with my hubby as we walked off!!! He blocked my hubby's way and yelled "You pointed a finger at me, do it again! Do it again if you dare!" He was really looking very aggresive.

He was really very very agressive and kept on repeating the threat, as my hubby explained, "No, I didn't, I just waved at you".

I was like, "Oh....my God!!!!" I feared for our safety then. He was really intend on picking a fight or something, because hubby never pointed any fingers at him! And even if there is someone being rude to a Tube staff, you would not expect a staff picking up a fight with a passager in that way!!?? He looked more like a gangster selling coccaine!! I felt our lives were under threat!! I have never felt so threatened all my life.

I got to pull my husband away. As I walked off, I told him, "Your attitude is terrible!!! I can't believe that you saw me stuck right in front of you, distressed, and not trying to help!!!"

His answer?? A really angry one. Like almost going to fight with me!

"Can't you see what I am doinng? I am helping an old lady!!..."

Anyone want to guess what was the important task, that is more important than moving 2-3 steps towards me, dig out the key from his pocket and scan it? It would take more than 5 seconds?.....

Taaa daaaa....

The answer was " I was helping her with directions!! She was asking me for directions!".

My retort??? "Your attitude is really really appaling!!! YOu rather take your time giving directions than spend a few seconds to release me, when I was in pain!"

Can you believe it???

I did not notice the old lady at all, because I was stuck and was in pain, and trying to wring myself out of it. My hubby told me that she was white, and he seemed very courteous to her.

So, that says it all. A typical racism here??? Some of these idiots idolise the whites, and treat you like shit. Go to stores outside the touristy areas, and experience the difference in service you get from these people in comparison to what customers of their race, and the whites get.

In London, racisms come from these minorities. And this is "training" us to be racist as well, I guess. Our impression of these dark skined varieties worsens with experiences like this.

My pain (still painful and bruised as I type), is not worth 5 seconds of a white woman's time, according to this Black guy. This is really disturbing."Service???" from a London TUBE staff!!!

And this guy was supposed to ensure passager safety.... ??? what a joke. He is a big bully, a gangster.

Seee.. my day is spoiled. Still want to brag about TIGI and my Portobello finds? Nah...my hand is damn painful. I might need to see doc? I really feel like using that F word on him!!

No comments: