Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hand got better

My hand got better. Still feel a little weak, actually, after being stuck at the gate. Talking of the incident make me mad all over again.

As I recount to my singaporean and Malaysian friends, they dont seem to quite get you the picture.
Well, it is difficult. Over here, you will never think of not helping someone stuck at the "doors" of the MRT or LRT, whatever, because of a different colour or class. (I hope)

That is the beauty of travelling around. You will see things that you never thought is possible.

My cousin told me that when she went to John Hopkins, she did not dare to go out of the hospital compound alone. Being a petite Asian, she will be robbed within 1/2 hour on her own, or worse. She had to be accompanied. She could only be on her own within the compound, which had armed guards at the entrances.

My friend studied and traveled in India. She told me she could not go out on her own. A pretty, fair skined petite girl like her is a fair game for most men, who would take the chance to grab/grope whatever body parts they could.

Can this world be a better place? I don't know. But I know the world is beautiful. I know it is when I saw an old Japanese lady sweeping the road outside her house, and in the process, cleaned and swept the road outside her neighbours' home as well.

No comments: