Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I dont like cities...

So many people. So little green space.

So, can we move to somewhere not so city-ish?

I LUV Oxford, lets move there. :) Anyway, I could work nearby!!!

Guys can travel better, so hubby can join his good friend to take the Oxford Tube to London every day. They would be so tired when they come back, that they will not have time checking out pretty gals on the way home. Meanwhile I could drive around town with his friend's gf, shopping, exploring, eating ice-cream and complaining about the men in our lives.

Sounds perfect. Hmmm.. that sounds tai-tai-ish. Yummy life!

That day, I had to join the queue for the "shuttle bus". Full of sweaty people, pushing, jammed up like sardines. I think a few more pimples popped up as a result. Hmmm.. that means a facial is a must the moment these heat rashes go down.

I don't like to join queues, I dont like crowded places-unless it is a place that I have never been to before-Which means I don't mind queuing at Disneyland.

Of ya, did I tell you that I bought that "Thailand" Prickly heat talcum??
Wow, it is good. cooling. Stop my itchiness, and I have less NEW rashes popping up.
However, I realised (when I was jammed in that bus), that I smelled like a "foreign worker".

yup, a few more months later, i will be a "foreign worker". I wonder if the Brits would think I have a particular smell. hmmmm

If we stay in a village, maybe we can get a bigger place. Maybe we will be nearer to nature. Then I could finally buy a digital camera, and take pictures of the changes in the season. Then maybe things would be cheaper than central London, and we will go the Alps for Christmas. See, so much "potential".

Ok, if those arguments do not work..... then lets try the other way....

Oxfordshire got one of the lowest crime rate in UK. Safe. Not like the previous places that hubby "almost" rented. Kensal, Harrow, blah blah blah. Thank goodness he never considered the infamous Hackney.

I always feel that you get HACKED in Hackney

Cheap, zone 3-ish London, with murders every other week or so. I dont like that. I hate places where the gangsters are not even sophisticated enough to kill properly, or have reasons to kill. If they kill like Chow Yun fatt, I don't mind-lah.

They kill when they try to get your wallet.
They kill if they failed to rape you-blaming you for their inability to rise to the occasion?
Or they kill if they managed to rape you, and they kill you, simply because they kiledl the wrong person.

That kind of places are out. I am a "careless" person, and I want to maintain my couldn't care-less attitude. The only way you could help a careless person stay out of harms' way, is not to stay in a bad area. " Crime prevention" should not be in my mind all the time... That is not how life should be!

Staying in Zone 1 is good, if we are loaded. Otherwise we will be sharing with people again. Chances of meeting people like our Romanian housemates is quite high! Probably we will even meet someone worse!

Hmmm.. with so many reminders of crimes, this posting should have blackmailed hubby into moving to Oxford, or one of the commuter towns on the way. hahahah. Mission accomplished. :D

No comments: