Sunday, December 10, 2006

My reading list :books

15 Nov 2006-2007 Quota-110 books
Since 15th Nov, I have read:

  1. The Low GI Guide to managing PCOS: By JB Miller
  2. The Constant Gardener
  3. The Devil wears Prada
  4. Perfect Mothers, Invisible women-susan Van Scoyoc-totally thought provoking. Will shove to all my perfect woman wannabe friends.
  5. Saving Karyn-Karyn Bosnak
  6. My Sister's Keeper (1st Jan 2007)
  7. The Officer's Ward-Marc Dugain (20th Jan 2007)-most of it was about life in a hospital, after handsome men had their face blasted out in the WWI. The most surprising element was bone graft was already practiced. Least surprising?-over promises by good natured doctors. Take home message. Men would proclaim passionate love and then could forget everything, and let the past be the nothing more than history. Yes, they can really forget and move on. Women would trivialize relationship, proclaim it is over, and yet still hang on to it.
  8. A book, which according to the author, I should never tell anyone I read it.
  9. Project Management-forgot which author... which means it is a lousy book.
  10. Children and trauma A parents guide to helping children heal Cynthia Monahon
  11. Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
  12. The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
  13. Does Anything Eat Wasps?: And 101 Other Questions (New Scientists) Read: Sept 07
  14. Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix- Oct 2007
  15. Heidi (yes, again!)

Must read:
Sex and the city
The Wisdom of Crowds
Cook with Jamie: My Guide to Making You a Better Cook (Hardcover)
A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian
The Inheritance of Loss-Kiran Desai!!
HARRY Potter series!
QI: The Book of General Ignorance
The Time Traveler's Wife
Why Don't Penguins' Feet Freeze?: And 114 Other Questions

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time: Adult Edition
Brokeback Mountain
Morrie in His Own Words: Life Wisdom from a Remarkable Man



To read again:
Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything

TO OWN (and yes reread again.. and again)
Lucky-Alice Sebold (this is a book everyone should read!)
The Lovely Bones-Alice Sebold
Tuesdays with Morrie


Yes, it is a shameful list. How can I tell anyone that I have not read Harry Potter???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we should do a book swap!!! I bought loads of books from Ebay and Amazon!

A traveler said...

You BOUGHT???

I am extremely kiam siap! I got all from the library, because I cannot imagine how I am going to bring then back!

I am thinking of owning only a few of the books.. hehe. I think I will hunt at Oxfam.

y said...

ya lor I bought. :( too busy to visit the library.

A traveler said...

Woah Yvonne, you bought!! Salute salute.

I know you have been busy, that is why. What I do when i am busy is dash to library, and go to the quick loan shelves to grab a book. Usually all the best sellers and recommended books are there. :)

My friend also bought a lot when she was here because 1 book cost less than 1 meal... compared to sg.. which was like... so ex! In the end, the lucky woman had a container (which her co paid) of stuff to bring back. I dont have a container.. so...