Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The early bird caught the worm(S)!!

Yeah! That is right. I only wished earlier. Regretted spending almost an hour in River Island, the bulk part of it queing, for two pieces of not exactly dirt cheap shirts-£15 per shirt-which I had not tried, and therefore has a high chance of return. Bought 1 black shirt for myself with black bead details-I think it is quite cool. hope it fits!

Then I hit Dorothy perkins to use up that £5 card member voucher. I got a nice blouse for £10, still not sure to keep it or not cos i always look 5-10 years older with shirts, another of the long sleeve turtle neck jumper, this time in grey. The black one works fine for me, one of those pieces of clothing that you would LUVVVVV cos whenever you put it on, people ask you if you lost weight. :) But this grey look weird. I realised that I bought 1 size bigger than the piece I am currently wearing. I think the trick of turtle neck knit wear is to buy them TIGHT, then wear 1-2 times at home to expand them, and they will fit your curves.

I also bought another pair of black pants. £7!! Heheeee. I think it is the revenge of the fat woman. The only pants that fitted my BUMS were those from Sense, which cost me S$49.90-59.90 a pop, that I had to STOCK up in different colours when one fits. But over here, my only problem seems to be the British cut at the bum is too big for me, especially the lower bum. You get what I mean? YOu wear pants, and then there are some lose cloth just below your most pointed part of the bum! I understand why after I watch British women. They have saggy bums. Sigh.

I tried to fit into a low cut jeans too.. perfect everywhere but.....it is a no no. It had the curse of the golden flower effect-upside down. Imagine if you go to toilet... and then a piece of wayward tissue get STUCK there....... Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MY most glorious purchases were from BOOTS!!! I got enough shampoo, and hair styling stuff like gel etc to last me a year :) at less than 1/2 price! This gal saw this big packet of Toni and Guy gift thingy, and grabbed one because she liked the hair brush. I went around the store and grab grab grab grab... before analysing and doing the maths. That was a good idea, and it shows that EXPERIENCE counts! The Toni and Guy thing was probably the best bargain, and when I walked back there 30 minutes later to see if there are other packets on the shelf... there were none left! The price? £ 7.50 for 2 x 250ml shampoo and conditioner (usually costs £4.99-5.99 each), 3x stylying gel/waxes etc.. dunno how much it costs usually, I only know it is not cheap, and that hair brush. Hee hee. Now I got myself a nice hair brush. NO longer have to envy my sister's. Did I mention I also got a complete set of N7 make-up thingy for £7.50??I wont need to buy make up for the next 1-2 years :)



Verdict of today's trip. Successful!!And now.. I begin to think that I am a shopping queen. I am now a very happy gal.

No comments: