Monday, December 04, 2006

Sunday ROAST and the newly crowned shopping queen

Went for a sunday roast at the local pub as part of a mystery shopping assignment. Yummy! I think I start to like roast pork-western style. This pub-George and Dragon (Ok, there are lots of George and Dragons all over England) has very decent pricing. £3.95 for a sunday roast meal- with two generous slices of pork/beef/turkey, baked potatoes, parsnips, carrots and green peas. Also included were Yorkshire pudding and some meatball like stuffing.

Although we were disappointed that they only served ONE type of food ie Sunday roast, we had no more complains after tasting the food. I loved the parsnips and the baked potatoes! The baked potatoes where so nicely browned and was crunchy outside, soft inside. And the parsnips-I never knew they could be so good! My best parsnips so far were the ones I made last winter (yeah, winter =parsnips), which was baked with ginger beer and some oyster sauce. (Creative cooking!!!)

No desserts. Disappointed.

Disappointment ended when I ordered the Baileys in Chocolate cup! It is really a bit too much to drink liqueur in broad day light with lunch, but the advertisements with Baileys in the chocolate cup tempted me! I loved Baileys-esp if they are in Haagen-Daas. It was a really small portion served in a small piece of paper-like those for making cupcakes :) Yummy. Got to sip and snip the chocolate delicately. heavens!

But the real heaven started when I ventured to the stores nearby. You cant prevent your self from going in and showing some support when the shops all have a sign "Stop Tesco from killing the town". Awww!!! Half of me says-show support, at least browse. Half of me wondered, if you are good, how can tesco threaten you??

I was in for the best shock in my life.....

And while walking home, giggling like a mad woman, and kicking myself for not discovering these places earlier...I congratulated myself as THE shopping queen!! The £1 books and this bagful of stuff sealed my status. hahaha. At the rate this is going, my colleague who bought 30 pairs of shoes in 2 weeks got to start sucking me up for tips. :D

No comments: