Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Extremely cold and foggy day!!




That picture was stolen from Bisoumoi's blog.

It was much much more foggy at my place, and I bet much more cold as well. It has got to be the coldest morning I had to be outside, and walked to work. By the time I arrived, my thighs and calves were NUMB with cold, despite my usual tights, pants and coat. I know that sounds not a lot, but tights have been practically enough for me to survive the previous winter. I was not standing still, mind you, I was walking really really fast.

The morning seemed so surreal. The cars were frozen with a thick layer of ice. The fields, roofs and trees' twigs were white. There were even ice on the path, and ice forming on the roof of my colleagues' cars (who probably arrived 1/2 hour earlier). I wanted very much to flip out my handphone to take a photo, but chickened out. My mind was still fresh with the image of SH's chilblains!!! Now I fully believe that central London could me many more degrees warmer than the outskirts.

Hmmm. shall I brave the cold this weekend to go out?? I could watch a nice Christmas musical, meet some friends, buy my tang yuans, and have been promised juicy gossips by a guy who usually does not gossip. Which means, if he is gossiping, that it got to be worth gossiping... hmmmm...

Argh.. tomorrow is going to be colder than today. sigh. Another day of walking in near 0 temperature. Maximum day temperature is only 2C. On Friday, max temp =2C, min temp =-1C.

No comments: