Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ill day and dreams of summer strawberries

Today I have been ill. No particular reasons. Just felt dizzy, and on my way to shop for christmas presents, I felt ill at the bus-stop, nauseous and dizzy. I quickly walked home before I get a chance to faint.

The moment I reached home...... to the toilet I went.. and.........puked.... puked.... puked...
Probably ate too much steamboat yesterday. We had MS and SH over, and we had hotpot! Just dumped some LauGanMa szechuan hotpot soup base into a rice cooker.. add ingredients, and fed ourselves silly. Ate and ate until we could not move anymore. Hotpot in winter is sooooooooo comfy, and a good "cure" for my chili cravings. I will definitely do it again over Christmas :) and also CNY.

Oh yeah, some very "chinese" friend of hubby actually remember than 22nd Dec is "guo dong". Haha. Hmmm.... A "banana" like me does not attach much significance to that, but I will consider cooking some tang yuan and taking in some lonely hearts who attach Guo Dong as togetherness with family and friends. Then... we can have enough people for another hot pot session... (heee ... heee..., and also I get excuse to cook/eat Tang Yuan, since the joker does not eat it)

SH told me about their fruit plucking in summer (when I was not around!!). They had such good fun. Cherries, strawberries, blue berries, blackberries.. all my favourites! There is a big farm somewhere near oxford, and you could visit for free and eat as you pluck. (Fresh berries!!!! ) You only pay for what you bring home! Of course, most of what they plucked went into their tummies. :) I am definitely going to do this next year. I will want to pluck everything. From strawberries to lemons and apples and pears. Apparently they had so much apples around their house, that no one was bothered to eat them! Yumm....

That is all I could manage to "document" today. Firm reminder to visit orchards right after Easter to dig asparagus.... and then visit again, and again, and again to pluck pluck pluck all the way to the last fruits in autumn.

No comments: