Sunday, December 10, 2006

Facial-done by a Japanese!

This is the first time I had a facial done by a Japanese woman. Haha

I decided to go for Jurlique day spa, since the treatments in the nearby university's health centre is fully booked till next week!.

Overall impression:
The spa is less impressice than I imagined from its name-Jurlique day spa. It is a no-nonsense place with treatment rooms, and soothing music though.

Service?
Big improvement compared to my thirsty facial! This time I was offered a drink when I arrived-although it is just water plus slices of lemon in it while waiting for my therapists. After my therapist, a very petite Japanese woman who look not a day older than 25 introduced herself and brought me to the therapy room, I was offered another cup of water without me asking. I think she saw my cracked lips! haha. Compared this to my previous experience where a call for water during a hot summer day in a spa ended up with a "there is nothing I can do for you!" I think this is attentiveness, this is hospitality.

Skills?
She got the most gentle pair of hands. Perhaps too gentle. At times, I just wished that she would use a bit more pressure, especially on the shoulders and certain acupoints on the face. And although Jurlique stuff are nice and mild, I think Elemis' stuff smells much better! I thought she applies too much moisturiser/cream on my face-looked oily. But no...it felt just right after 1 hour.My skin was so supple and soft. Talk about plastering money on face.

No extraction. That is my main complain. And it is not as relaxing as I wished. 30 minutes is not enough time i think.

Extras??
I was offered another drink. (Three!!), at the end of the facial by my therapist. She later showed me to the lounge on the top floor, where I could sip my camomile's tea and relax. That was really good, as I often feel giddy after facials.

Effect?
Damage to my wallet-£35!!! I could get a very very good facial at this price in Sg BKK, or Malaysia!!!!

Ego booster #1....... therapist said I got very very smooth skin. :)

Ego booster #2; Another Japanese therapist saw me in the hallway spoke to me in Japanese! haha. She thought I am one of them! :D

I think my face is less saggy, after a good massage. Sigh.. age. Age age. What will happen to me if my earnings cannot catch up with my need for facials???

Do/Will I JURLIQUE?

No thanks. very expensive stuff.

I am not a rose kind of person. Rose water on my face is just too much. I was so conscious about the smell on my face and my hair the whole evening. I even find the light rose scents on Lancome stuff a bit tooo.......eeee. So.. I can never be Jurliqued.

I miss my shiseido. I think that is my scent. Addictive scent. Which made me look forward to my night routine.

No comments: