Sunday, July 23, 2006

Crossing the CAUSEWAY for food and contact lenses.

Today, I "crossed the causeway", and realised that i am suddenly 2.35 times richer!!! That means my cheese cakes are 2.35x cheaper.

Sis and I have developed this ritual of crossing the causeway.

We will go empty stomach, and risk fainting while waiting for the bus.

Then, when we are "released" at the other side, will dash to City Square and head straight to the basement. That is where salvation is to be found, in the form of "Secret Recipe". Having my sis is the best blessing in my life, cos with her around, I can sample many many many many cakes!!!

That skinny pig grew up on Secret Recipe. She used to hang out at Secret Recipe with her gang, to the dismay of my parents who fret about her expensive taste. My bro and me were not happy too. It shows that life is not fair. How can the perfect pitch kid at home also happen to be the one who can eat a cow and not put on an ounce????

Ops, digressed.

Anyway, crossing the causway means I can have all that I can't in London. Durians. Sinful, yummy chessecakes which are not overly sweet, and lot of other tit bits.

i heard that londoners cross over to france for the same purpose.... food, food food for a lot less than what you would normally spend. I wonder if the get their contact lenses there, cos my sis head for JB to get hers. And she knows which shop to get--> the second flloor corner shop in City Square... RM50 for acuvue!!! That is less than £10!!. Shit! Next time, i should ask my sis to post me the contact lenses. Acuvue is about £30 for a month's supply!!! It is even cheaper than those postal order sites in UK!!!

Budget and time was is a little tight, otherwise, i would have polished the plates at the House of Sundanese as well. And sis also forgot to get her generic aspirin for her acne. hmmm.. looks like got to cross again one of these days.

No comments: