Friday, August 04, 2006

Transport cost hike aka ie fare increase!!! So, grow more flowers........

Woo hooo!!

Bus and train fares increase again. Not “significant increase" they say, so... still can “absorb” right?’ Of course can. (???)

When life gives you shit, you got to think of how to make use of the shit. Eg? Grow flowers. Use it as fertiliser. Organic, wat! Err.. wait. What is the importance of organic flowers, huh?

Sorry… Digressed from topic. Keep focused. Woman, you got to keep focused. Don’t know what is wrong with me today. Must be too many nights of non-stop data analysis. (except to drink water, eat, sleep, msn, watch tv-that is why I know price increase… & shower?)

So, what is my plan?

Well, I am SO happy that the fare of bus, train , and taxi are increased!!!

I have been having bad body odour aka BO with big capitals since I came back and trying to adjust to the weather. Maybe due to the increase in the price of fuel , or a very noble effort to save the environment and cut our “carbon foot print”, the trains seems to use less air-cond? I don’t know. So.... I have been marinated in my own sweat and BO... like a salted sardin parked in a train.

Maybe they are finally inspired by THE TUBE in London. There are a couple of times the air-cond seemed to be non-noticeable... ie I SWEAT and felt faint. And recently, there was also train “disruption”, London style, ie.. many hours of “disruption”.

I am very thankful for these. These constantly remind me of London, and make me miss my hubby less, right? It reminds me of the air-cond-less, window-less buses and Tubes that hubby and I got to take on a hot summer day. I get to to “suffer” the heat wave “together” with hubby, although we are more than 13000 miles apart, and I am sure this would increase our bond. Although I usually dun pray pray, God must have been kind and arranged these events to fit my mood.

So, what is my action plan?

Stay at home! If you feel the pinch when you go out, stay at home! Wanna meet friends? Arrange to meet like this….

If I go out every weekend to meet a friend, I can just squeeze it all into one day, and stay 3 weekends at home.

8:30 am-do morning walk from home to station Y. Then pray that the toilet is open, and change blouse/T-shirt. Also remember to spray A LOT of deodorant, and perfume!!!

10:30 am-Meet Miss A for breakfast at Burger King in the shopping centre at train station X, and please remember to drink coffee only. Take 2 pieces of plain bread before going out.

12:00 am- Meet B for lunch at KFC-shopping centre at train station X. Both of us are fat and broke, so we are gonna share a meal. Yipee!! Another step to weight loss and a long healthy life!

3pm- meet C for coffee at coffee shop, 300 m from tube station X. (Note, bring umbrella in case it rains.) drink coffee only, hor! Too bad cannot ask for plain water, because auntie want to charge 40cents for it.

6:30pm- meet D for dinner and movie at station Y (hehe, station Y is nearest to my house. If I watch 7pm show, it should not be too late to walk 1.5 km home rite?)

If I go out every weekend to meet a friend, I can just squeeze it all into one day, and stay 3 weekends at home. That way I will have 3 free weekends to make sure cob webs will NEVER, EVER appear again in my house.. and got time to grow more flowers.

See? My social life will not be compromised. Otherwise, how to practise being a Tai Tai? Nah, I shall not compromise my Tai Tai training.

If everyone do what I do, planet Earth will have a chance to survive (though spiders which live in homes will extinct). When you have no maaaney to take bus/train or drive a car you either A) walk (and lose some weight), B) you dun go out- at least don’t go out sooooo many times. Which means? When I take bus/train, it will be less crowded!!! That is a great solution, isn’t it?

I just hope that everyone thinks like me, then the world will be a greener place. Come, join me and grow more flowers! Amen. Alhamdullilah. Oh mi toh fut.

p/s: If you dun understand this thing about growing flowers...........then it is time to migrate to a place that only have cows for transportation. Cows dun increase fare. With that kind of IQ.... you will not earn enough to take bus to work some day...... Sorry... if you feel insulted.

No comments: