Friday, August 04, 2006

Paying..................

Nah, I am not paying for the internet access. I paid the first two weeks here. But now I realise that it is getting UNreliable despite PAYING!!!.

Who says if you pay, you get good service?? No! Not if they monopolise the market!!!

...... And this will leave me with limitted access during most weekdays.

Don't worry, I am alright. Probably growing lots of flowers.

I feel sooooo poor here. Really. I keep on spending money, money and more money!!

It scares me. It really scares me.

I imagine myself a Mc D*n*lds burger flipper-- earning a low hourly pay.

My wages for the first hour of work would barely be enough to pay for my transport.

My wages for the second hour will be just nice to pay for dinner and lunch at a hawker center.....

I got to bring water with me, or forgo ordering a drink during lunch or dinner. If not, there goes almost 1/2 of my third hour's pay. I probbaly got to skip breakfast. A loaf of bread is worth 1/2 of my hourly pay.

Assuming I bring my own water, if I work 8 hours a day (Very lazy, right? Everyone works 10+ hours in this city...), I will have 5 hours' worth of wages to pay my bills-accomodation, utilities, blah blah blah.........?

Life is tough? I don't know. I feel the squeeze. Will burger flippers feel it more?

I just bought a small bottle of shampoo and conditioner. If I am a Mc D's burger flipper, that shampoo and conditioner is equivalent to about 3 hours of my pay!!!

I miss expensive London.......

If I work as a burger flipper in London, one hour's wages is about 1.9 times the maximum fare for a day's bus pass. The balance from the bus pass is enough to get me one shampoo, and a conditioner from Tesco, plus a few pennies to buy a Boots brand toothpaste.

if i work on the 2nd hour, the wages from the 2nd hour can buy me 1 loaf of Tesco whole meal bread. 1 litre of milk, 1 tray of chicken wings and still have enough left to get a punnet of apricot or a few packets of vege....

........Is that why people go to London?

.................ops ..... almost forgot about writing about my Romeo Pires....

No comments: