Sunday, August 13, 2006

Real shopping, please!

My mind is getting numb.

The numbing part is the SHOPPING, and the CROWD!!!!

Big crowd wherever I go. Same shops wherever I go.

I MISS Portobello market!!!!

Just before I came back I had the chance to explore Portobello Green area, and checked out those up and coming designers. :) Although I could see that the area has been "contaminated" by cheap imports from Thailand/China passing off as "unique" pieces, there are still many good original works there!

When I walk there, I always think "so pretty", "so creative", "so cool"! In contrast, I beat the crowds here thinking, "so, what is new?"

One label caught my name. Romeo Pires.

Looking at this translucent, girly, art-y fart-y designs make me think of LOSING WEIGHT!!!!

I have no idea what material it is made off. But the dresses, skirts and blouses seemed so light! The pleats so feminine, and the prints so real, and almost look like hand painted pieces!!! IAnd of, when you move.... the effect is ...AW..... totally impressive how the whole thing is done. I don't really know how to describe it, but it is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!

However, I know those "painted" pieces are not meant for BIG people. That would look like an elephant wearing a canvas. URgh!!! I need to be at least size 10 and below to look pretty in them. DARN. Size 8 would be perfect. :(

The price? still not too bad. £30ish? Not bad for a unique piece, where you can wear for dinner, office, wherever with guaranteed compliments. Better that those mass duplicated pieces we got to put up with. Haiz....

Going shopping with my sister... purchasing more MASS duplicated pieces.

I can recognise what people are wearing on trains here. Hehe. G2000. Dano. MNG. On peak hours...you see really lots of G2000 and DANO.

Sianz...... Next time I will get my skinny sis Romeo Pires. The problem is, she might not dare to wear it here. Too attention grabbing. Back to wearing G2000 then . SAD!!!!!

No comments: