Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Curling up with a good (cheap) Book

It has been raining all day. Grey and wet. I think I know what they mean by the dreadful weather in London.

I am supposed to write about eating cheaply in London. I feel like writing it. But where is the energy???

I will just curl up with the Empress Orchid, maybe. I am not sure what is the cover designs is like for Asia but it is quite ugly for UK's.


Despite the ugly cover, the book generated 27 reviews in Amazon UK in just a short while.

One of the CHEAPS in London is Cheap Books!!!! Most best sellers go for 1/2 of the recommended retail prices printed at the back of books. For example, the Empress Orchid Book starts at £2.25 in Amazon UK for a brand new book and less than £1 if you want to take a second hand one. Good bargain huh? No wonder my friend shipped a container full of paperbacks home when the posting finished.

So, on the shopping list: Books are a must!!!

No comments: