Thursday, December 08, 2005

London's cold is ok. The dryness kills me!

I drink up lots of water here, much more than when I am in a country that hits 25-30C everyday.

Lots and lots of it. I can finish more than 500 ml at night, as this tropical girl is just not used to the dryness of central heating! My throat is so dry that I wake up in the middle of the night to gulp water. Thank goodness i found cheap "still" water in Tesco supermarket: 75p for 3 bottles of 1.5 litre! Oh ya,dry throat and mouth is accompanied with halitosis!

I have been mentally prepared for the cold, but at the end, it is the dryness that bugs me. The skin on my hands are so chapped. Tiny wrinkles start to form on my hands and the corners of my eyes!I can hardly imagine that it is my skin! In a week or so, I have slapped more moisturiser on myself that what i would normally take 6 months to finish. Even that does not seem to help. Things that I brought here seems to be not "powerful" enough for this English weather! (Except BodyShop's body butter)

My hair is getting dry and frizzy. Almost every morning is a bad hair day. Static, yeah. I do a revision on this topic every day looking at how my hair stands up. I have changed my shampoo, and for the first time in many years use a hair conditioner- lots of it. Even that does not seem to help much.

Boots have since become one of my most frequented shops. I bought a big bottle of Olay Beauty Fluid. (The other brands are so much more expensive here!) I would have never touch it before this because it is GREASY. Only my mum would use something like this. However it is now my saviour. My mild Fancl washing power is too drying, and could only be used once iin 2 days, or after I have been walking alot and sweating. It is this Olay fluid which I am using now to "cleanse" my skin in morning and night. I use it just like I would use my cleansing oil. (I really regreted not taking my cleaning oil along).

How I wish Christmas would come sooner. Then I can hit the shops again with my shopping list.

Moisturiser.
Hand cream.
Lip balm.
Leave in conditioner.
A really pwerful moituriser for our cracked heels.

No comments: