Saturday, May 26, 2007

Theory is proven-Fate like to play play with me

My theory is proven.

There is this perverse "arrangement" which "test & tease" me all the time!

After days of holing up in my hotel room, doing my writings and working in a perfect weather Washington DC, I made my way to the airport. Cursing beneath my breath, "So, this is Washington DC, well at least i know how the famous Arlington Cemetery look like!"

Oh yeah, thanks to my friend's friend getting lost on the way to find "rice", I saw the National Monument and the park, and a glimpse of the Capitol Building roof from the car. That is all!!

Bye bye washington DC!

As the grumpy me walked to the counter to get my boarding pass, a guy gave me a chesire cat grin, and asked me whether I "wish to fly off tomorrow".

I was like, so you read my mind?? Of course??? I haven't seen anything!

My wish was granted.

He explained to me my flight was overbooked, and if I were to be kind enough to give up my seat, I will get a free hotel stay and a pair of free return air tickets for my next flight to Washington DC or another similar US location!!!!

WOooooo hooooooooooooo...I have taken countless flights! This is my moment! The "bump off" deal!

Errr.......no thanks. I got to work tomorrow.

No? Sure? We will give you a free return flight, you choose your US destination, and we will put you in a nice hotel tonight. You can spend another day here. Weather is beautiful.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. NO thanks. Not this time. :((

Really? You can think about it.

Bloody hell. Is he tempting me to quit my job???? That is a good reason!!! Especially when I was coming back to clean up shit. .... but i got to pay rental and the deposit for the new rental flat, and pay for lots and lots of things :(

Sigh........not this time. I have to give a lecture tomorrow. :(

Perverse. Perverse!!! Why does life have to treat me this way????? I had this almost out of body experience: watching myself walking away sadly with my boarding pass, "someone up there" was having a good laugh at me.

No comments: