Thursday, August 02, 2007

Some (vague) memories of my NYC trip

More than 2 months have passed since I went to the Big Apple. Since then, I have asked another friend to get the Benefit Dandelion powder for me, and I have done a hundred and one things that NYC seemed so far behind. Washington? Netherlands? Did I go there????

Got to jot things down before they get blurred by time.

I only had a measly pathetic evening out by myself. :( So, I happily went to hit Macy and the times square. Without time to prepare, I basically pop on to a train, and when a friendly local chatted with me, I asked him where I should to to see some NYC character. He told me to drop by the "village", and try to get a meal there. I could not believe that I actually love New Yorkers. Must be because I spent too much time in stuck up and snobbish London. I actually love the Americans cause they are so friendly (comparatively!) and looked totally genuine compared to a Londoner!!

Well, i did. Excitedly, I popped into one of the first diners I saw. The shopped was nearly full, and i thought I would be safe- both physically and in terms of my taste buds.

Turned out the food is not to my liking :( .Anyway, I had fun guessing which ethnicity the workers belonged to. Answers? some Mexicans (who looked positively east Asian), 1 Greek woman and an Italian man. People watching in NY would be a total fun.

The soup from a "diner set meal".

No comments: