Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What is a moon cake festival, minus the mooncakes?

I only realised that it was mooncake festival yesterday when i called my sis to tell her not to use my credit card. It nearly hit the limit with my latest shopping, and i still need some for my travels next month. Oah, i miss home. Ma & pa celebrated them with the three beauties, our dogs have replaced us as we grow up and left home.

:( This is the second year i "celebrate" moon cake festival- my fav festival, without even a tiny slice of moon cake in my mouth. Those were the times I stuff my moon face with moon cakes, nvm if they are worth a nice 900-1200 calorie per cake. That is why i don't just eat any moon cake- I am a snob. I have been extremely picky about my moon cakes. I only eat good quality ones- those my mum makes, or those that are "up to standard"! My mum make decent lower fat and less sweet versions, and my aunt would feed me with shangrila, tung lok....whichever is the best for that year. But these two years- I have nothing. Nothing! Not even those S$5/tube horrible looking & tasting black black "tau sa" ones!

I supposed i should not complain too much. I went shopping, and bought a car. Now i have no money for anything!!!! 2nd year without moon cakes!!!!! Now that I have a car again, I hope that my 5-6 hour daily commute is totally history, and I have time to update my blog again. I have tonnes of things to add, especially the Scotland photos.

No comments: