Sunday, September 02, 2007

Open House London 15-16 sept 2007

One of the best "festivals" in London- described as "Architecture in the Flesh" is the Open House London (www.openhouse.org.uk) event. I think they had something similar last year, but this year's sounds really exciting as many buildings are opening their doors for the public to visit- FREE!!! I don't think i want to miss out on the good fun of snooping around "private" buildings. Some of the places are those which you will normally have to "pay" eg kensington palace. However, you may need to email and reserve a place- info could be found on the website.

I am itching to join the Maggie's and Open House London Night Hike 2007 which promised 17 miles of exclusive routevexclusive access to some of London's most prominent buildings and landmarks including Guildhall, The Royal Geographical Society, The British Airways London Eye, Whiteley's, The Royal Festival Hall and City Hall. However, the £25 registration fees and £250 fund raising target put me off!!! Where am I going to harass that much money out of my friends?

I am thinking of targeting some weird and curious buildings like the Hoover building or the Green Build. Any other weird, curious, spooky ones?

2 comments:

y said...

wah kao BALE i can get you on FOC la...

A traveler said...

really ah, I wont mind leh. Kam sia kam sia.

Seriously, want to explore some of the other buildings? The kay poh in me want to attack the "Private properties" and basically have a day out :)