Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Lost & FOUND- they keys to a sports car

I found something very valuable on Sunday.

They keys to brand new MAZDA sports car.

Yeah, another car.

Instead of handing to those people who direct cars in the car park, I brought it to the management office, insist on handing to someone in the security dept. It suprised me why my friend was suprised that I did that, even after I explained that I know too well many of these weekend staff are part timers, sometimes contracted from other agencies to deal with additional work loads, and you will never know their background, whether they are cleared for "security" work.

How many people would do what I did, she asked.

I don't know. I really don't know.

I only know that people often laugh at my silliness. I only know that if that is my own car's key, I will not just pass it to the guys in ill fitting florescent coats who directed the car park traffic. Would you? The temptations for others to take it for a spin is just too high, and you will have no proof that you have just dropped the keys into his hands. If I cant do it for my own car, how could I do so for others'?

Hmmm... I don't know what am I going to find next. I found quite a number of things. Things just rain in front of me. I have found mobile phones, keys, and also a thick wallet (when I was damn broke) before too! I know someone up there is having some fun with me, I get mobile phone in those days i was dying to have one, and thick wallet when i was totally broke. And on Sunday, I was actually thinking about whether I will every have a chance to drive a sports car. Hmm it is funny how someone UP there tried to answer my wishes. It is like having really good fun with me. sigh........

I am careless and lose things all the time. But many times, these are found again. Is there a pay it forward thing operating among the careless people like me?

Decided to put up the photo here, cos there are not many people who will kick up the keys to their dream sports car in their life while walking mindlessly in a carpark.

BTW, it may not belong to a gal. That carpark is frequently visited by happy gentlemen who prefers pink. *wink*

No comments: