Sunday, April 22, 2007

finished the Bak Kua..

We finished the Bak Kua, in 4 days. 8 precious pieces between us.

My friends have been angels- they bring me Bak Kua whenever they come! Haha... I think everyone knows that I love to eat.

ET brought almost 1kg of the thing near CNY, and worried about being caught. Hers was a normal packaging. The first time smuggler just hoped that no one would suspect a gal in business class smuggling.

EC is probably a much more experience smuggler, and brought a vacuum packed box. Gosh, that is a very costly version of Bak Kua, each slice preciously packed. She also lugged here two boxes of laksa and curry mix. That got my cravings settled till I go home :)

I will cook the laksa in an authentic manner, having discovered Hoo Hing C&C at Park Royal. That is a HUGE chinese supermarket!! Being a distributor, their stuff are really fresh! The bean sprout were so crunchy, and the tofu and to fu pok were fresh :)

Argh, the gals know me well. I am so touched. Hmm.. I wonder if I will get durian one of these days. Ok, I know that is too greedy, but I can start wishing :)

No comments: