Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Finally- the best hotel so far!!


I stayed in 4 different US hotels in about 15 days??

There was a Marriot, a super expensive Sheraton, and a posh posh Hyatt.But finally, it is this "airport hotel" that I LOVE! Sheraton 4 Points at NEwark Airport!

for USD 110, I got a nice room, free internet access, and i just bought a nice supper for 5.35USD!!! I must say it is the most satisfying meal so far (and the cheapest!). Arghhh.. soup with rice and vege! it is so so so good! And I am told that the soup was made by the restaurant, but sell it in the "cafe"- not your canned soup, ok! That was only USD3! They also sell lots of really yummy food-ranging from NY cheesecake to HUGE cookies which are the size of my big face, to salads, sandwiches and oatmeal porridge. Woah.... Staff super nice too!

And the best thing? YOu need anything? Slippers? razors? Needles? shoe mitt?? No prob. Give us a call and we will give to you. Compared that to 4 days of walking around in my work shoes in the room when the stupid hotels told me to get slippers from the souvenir shops (>10 USD for some ugly cheapo things). Compare that to the hotels which tell you to buy the toothpaste -- 3or 4 usd for a small tube when you dont have toothpaste!

My complain of those hotels have been

  • No water given to you in your room!!!- except the super ex Sheraton.
  • TOTALLY EMPTY mini fridge! And .... nothing for you to eat after 10pm most of the time. That means going down to their "souvenir" shop to buy a super sweet muffin if you have midnight pangs.
  • No slippers!- all. even that sheraton and hyatt. Cant even get it if you call. 5 star??
  • Got headache? BUY a USD9/box aspirin sold at the souvenir shop.
  • INTERNET access is 9,99 "per day". The "day" ends at 12 pm, usually even when you bought your "air time " at 10 am. Today, I was disconnected while sending out an impt email at 830 am and was fuming mad when the reception told me that i was lucky, usually it disconnects at 7 am if you check out that day. I was like ^%&^ " I have not checked out!!!I still need to work!". Then she was like, o"hhh, what time you buy your air time? Maybe lapse?"12 am. 12 am, because i only came back at 12 am. ok??

No comments: