Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Mantra Om Mani Padme Hum: Age

I think I am old. I actually Google to find out more about The Mantra Om Mani Padme Hum..after reading about it in Bisoumoi's blog. I actually can read about religion without rationalising, and use my "scientific thinking" to break them down into mere common sense or philosophy, or worse still-utterances of a schizophrenic.

I was first taught this chant by my uncle, probably when I was in early teenage years- I was told me to chant it if I feel those things around me. Yeah, those were the freaky times- I heard a woman singing at the back lane of my house - a known "dirty" place and I also could tell "something happened"- when I went to a friend's place and went to the toilet. Yeah, something happened. It was a murder scene, and her family soon had to move out. Freakish. And so, I was taught this chant. I was not interested, and had to remember it as "Oh money buy me home"- and thought how could you chant for money? Young as I was , I knew money could buy only a house, not a home. That was it. I did not bother to learn more. Yeah, there were a couple of times I had to chant it...but that was it.


Purifies
Samsaric Realm
Om
bliss / pride
gods
Ma
jealousy /
lust for entertainment
jealous gods
Ni
passion / desire
human
Pe
stupidity / prejudice
animal
Me
poverty /
possessiveness
hungry ghost
Hung
aggression / hatred
hell

No comments: