Wednesday, February 13, 2008

£25 congestion charge for 4x4! Hurray

I am evil, I am sooo happy that they are gonna slap £25 to those gigantic 4x4 and big cars. No, I am not an envious wretch who wants a slice of the rich. I am just an angry driver, and have some conscience for the environment. These gas guzzlers are not only bad for the environment, they should not be used in the narrow London roads as well! My little car would be squeeze while parked between them. I can always spaces between two of these huge cars are almost always wasted. Only a tiny car like mine could get in. And I know these owners know that they waste the next parking space. Some of them did not bother to park in the "centre". If they take up two spaces when parked, and two tiny lanes (et at junctions, you cant go straight because this car which is turning right partially block your lane), then it is just right to get them to pay! No one needs such a big car in the city.

On the other hand, I am disappointed that they are going to have only 3 categories. exempted- £0, normal (£8) and those suv £25. Between 0 to 8£, i wish that they have a £4, for people who bought smaller cars, but these cars are not small enough to meet the 120g requirement.

No comments: