Sunday, September 24, 2006

In London again..........

After what seemed like eternity, I landed in Heathrow airport on Friday morning. 13 plus hours of siiting there in my seat, next to two hunks. That means I had to sleep carefully and not lean on someone's arm and drool on his shirt. Well that was not possible, cos that guy got really BAD BREATH!!. Whenever he turned and faced me, I felt like grabbing that vomit bag and eiorkkkkkkkkkkk.... when he exhales!!! Gosh! I was so tempted to take out the toothbrush from my overnight kit and offered it to him, or share my Mentos with him.

So, I had to sleep with my face turned against the window, and landed with terrible neck and headache.

The flight had taken off smoothly, despite rather intensive checks. Airport staff was extremely, unusually courteous that night, thanks to me chosing the the last day of IMF meeting, and the flight was full of delegates. I also had no problems with my luggages althought it was slightly overweight.

My theory? DRESS WELL! Why the heck do you think i purposely take out my best jacket and put in on just before checking in? My reward for the hassles? My check in was a breeze. No one ask me questions. No one wanted to check the weight of my cabin luggage. I should have taken more risk and smuggled 2 more bottles of sambal belacan.

Oh ya, I also smuggled a mooncake!!! There was a Bengawan Solo shop near the gate, and I managed to get one. :)

That was the trip. BA got really really little leg rooms. Seemed even smaller space than Qantas, but I was a happy, well fed-gal. I always got my meals first, because I ordered special, low fat meal. Of you want to eat first, then order special meals. :D

I also got my socks from the overnight kit. Hubby was so happy. He really loved those socks, thin, light but extremely warm for winter. To him, BA socks is the best.

My past two days were spent looking for a new home. :(

I walked miles miles and miles. sigh.....

No comments: