Thursday, June 22, 2006

MAMMA MIA, that was GooD!!! ....and it was FREE!

Hubby was dragged out of his obsession with PC, and had to miss his World cup matches.
Of course, gave me the look that was like a buffulo being dragged to the slaughter house.

He was dead bored with the Royal philharmonic orchesta, and the Lion King "performance" was a shame!!! How could they just send two actors to represent the "cast", and just sang one song, " Cant you feel the love tonight"? Well, I cant feel their love, or their enthusiasm. Decided never to watch them!

If I were a mummy taking my kids there, they will surely go "mummy mummy, where is Lion King", and they they will repeat the question again and again while I try to answer, and finally yell" Mummy you lie! There is no Lion King"!!!

After the Lion King thing, hubby was like "are you sure, they extract the best from each show"? I think he was thinking lunch.

I managed to keep him there by whispering how much my very rich and cultured friend paid for STOMP when they came to Singapore. HE was then Ok, lets see.

STOMP was interesting. It is difficult to describe. But I would say they are a bunch of good percussionists, and I think it is a good work out for them!

But luckily, the cast from MAMMA MIA, spring onto stage and brought the whole Leicester square ALIVE!! That was really really great. They belted out song after song... Money money money, dancing queen, etc etc. They crowd was clapping to their music, and dancing to it. FUN!!!

Unlike the animals from Lion King which disappeared, the MAMMA MIA cast gave their best! That is what I call good ethics, whether is it an event for the public or in their own stage in Prince of Wales theatre, they give their best!

The other show that was fantastic that afternoon was the BLUE MAN GROUP. Not that well known in Asia, but this was really a show worth seeing! If there is one word to describe it, it is CREATIVE!!!! The tourists there were saying things like they never seen anything like this before. The show makes you wonder how many marshmallows a person can stuff into the mouth, and how big the mouth cavity is. I will be happy to pay for the show actually.


That was a fun day, and it was FREE!!! Not only we had free entertainment, we also had a goodie bag of freebies. Can anywhere else get cheaper than London?

No comments: