Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yipee! Pleasant summer countryside drive!!

Yipee! Next week we are gonna hire a car to drive around the countryside, Most likely we will ROAM COTSWOLD, although I am tempted to do Northumberland as well. Britain is just so scenic, that watching those driving programs on tv will make you salivate....

Hubby found a site which is frills free, and a car goes for £27 a day or £125/week! That is less than 1/2 the prices that some major companies charge! And the best thing is the price seems to be the same, even if you do last minute booking. That is great, because we can check the weather forecast first before booking. Well, hubby seems to always find good deals, I think that guy just Google and Google and maybe click on every single ad availble as well???

Too bad we decided to beat the crowds and head off with just the two of us. If it is a weekend, the whole gang could join, £27 for 4 person is really peanuts! We got to pay for the petrol, though, but it won’t come up to that much, less than £20?

At first, I thought of renting the car from London, and then return it in another city, then take a bus home. But we don't have enough time to plan, and book early enough for those £1 tickets which we used to visit Oxford from megabus.com. The usual tickets will be costing around £10/person, so might as well drive!

It is summer now(or is it? I got to turn on heater yesterday, cos it was windy, rainy and was around 14C?). The sun rises around 4:30am, and sets around 9:30 at night. So , a day trip is a LONG trip, and we just got to maximise the time. The only limitation is we got to collect the car betwen 8:00am to 6pm. Hmmm.. that means that it is not possible to set off at 6 am and come back at 9pm.

Nah... I am not gonna to break my brains about this one. Let the "driver" decide. I am just gonna to snooze in the car, and only open my eyes whenever hubby shouts "sheep", "cow","horse", "canola", "beautiful hill", and any of the "wows!" :)

Shucks, I am not sure if he is able to recognise these things properly or not. I think I better make him go through some picture books, just in case he shouts "elephant" when he sees a big cow.


No comments: