Thursday, September 22, 2005

Air travel: Cheap can also mean "good service"!

Blogging about that Tiger Airways promotion made my subconciously compare the level of service received while doing my in-flight shopping. Paying for an expensive air ticket does not mean you get good service.

I was very happy with my experience at Tiger Airways although the perfume I wanted was out of stock. Compared to my experience in another carrier, this level of service was really something unexpected. I could only look at the lovely chain on in the catalogue.

I was flying to HK in a "best-airline" and was going to do some last minute shopping for my grand aunt. The service I reeived totally tarnished my otherwise very good impression and experience with the airline.

While they gave excellent service to the Gucci-clad Caucasian couple sitting next to me and showed them all the watches they wanted, I was treated as invisible. Yes, invisible. I must have said more than 10 "excuse me"s (Yes, I wanted that chain badly!), but they never bothered about me. Hello.. I was not paying half price for my air ticket, why am I getting a less than half hearted service?

You know what, the couple was not too happy with how they treated me. The lady did not buy the watch she liked in the end. She whispered to me with a wink "I think I can get this somewhere else".

I will save money on my flights next time and spend it on other stuff.

Other than less leg space (which is not a proble for me, since I am no giraffe), everything is ok. Clean toilets, clean seats. what more can I ask for? I will go for Tiger on these short flights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! I am definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a cancun house for sale site/blog. It pretty much covers cancun house for sale related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)