Thursday, October 05, 2006

Autumn is here, laptop is dead

The autumn is here.

YOu know it when the trees are no longer bright dark green, but have shades of yellow. And ME---- I start to dig out my tights and nylon stockings. Tights for colder days, nylon stokings- which I HATED-are God sent when it is too warm to wear tights, eg when you spend most of the time in a room which is H-E-A-T-E-D. I still dont udnersdtand why the central heatings here had such high temps. May be it is the same logic why the air cond in Singapore is set at such low temp that people in offices need sweaters. Un-environmentally friendly!!!!

The temperature now is starting to go crazy, dipping... dipping. I think it dipped about 1-2 C per week since I got here. Now-single digit in some nights. Soon, frosts will appear in the mornings, and roads will be slippery.

I am glad that I came back early, or else it will be quite difficult to adapt.

I am already starting my "winter habits"- drinking loads of hot beverage. Actually the main reason i drink is because i made those hot teas, just to inhale the steam. The air feels so dry, that my nose is not feeling very comfortable, especially when I am at home and did not keep the heater on. With those housemates, especially that IDIOT guy who has a habit of checking the gas and electricity meter the moment he reaches home and change out of his "painter" garments, and make remarks about how "warm" the house it, I try not to on the heater when I am alone at home. I put on a sweater instead. The results? I am warm, but my nose suffers from cold dry air. Anyway, the ordeal will be over soon, when i MOVE!!! :D We will have our own studio, our own place! Yay....

Oh yeah, I got to drink more water, as the mouth feels dry.. and bad breath will happen if you dont. I notice people here smell in winter. BO and MO. Dry mouth and infrequent bathing............Yucks..............BAD...........................

Yesterday my laptop died. The fan is spoiled. There is nothing I can do about it at the moment. Ordered a new fan. Will take 3-4 days to reach. Well, to tell the truth, I feel damn crushed. Suay. I wonder if my life is jinxed!!!!!! But what can i do now,but put forward my shoppping trips? ?? {yeah, you might wonder how I got mood to shop, but there is nothing else i could really do! Why fret??}

I want to shop. I need a new coat. Well, I dont have those proper coats that are stylish enough to wear to work. I really wish I am taller, as short people look like dumplings in those coats. Children are different of course, they look so cuuuttteeee.. But short and fat people look like a ball. Round.

I found one which has a nice cutting from Dorothy Perkins-£60. Saw it last week, but hesistated beacuse it did not have a high wool content, and I was hoping for some discounts. Yesterday, I wanted to buy it when I walked past Oxford Street, because it was so chilly, and I felt so down after my fan died. Guess what, they sold out!!!!!! Now i know 14 is the most popular size. Sizes 14-16 are sold out for black colour! Shall I settle for the red one? I know I still look quite cute in the bright red one, hehee...... but I cant resist thinking that I look like "hong pao" in it. So, it is no no. I got to look more sophicated for my work. :P Cant let my new colleagues know that I have such a crazy side yet. I got to look professional, and damn serious. Haiz....

Darn. So.... I wll have to search other places for it. Hopefully, I will find it in one of the less popular shops.

enough of rambling.... oh yeah, Phi will come in December!!! :D

4 comments:

y said...

Red! It's the "in" colour this season!

A traveler said...

Red?? Hmmmm Thinking....but that will be a Big RED dumpling!!! If I could go down 1 size, by christmas, I will grab the RED one.

Anonymous said...

alamak, the reds here are pretty nice. you can check out jane norman, they have red and green. or you can hit primark, they have quality coats and i saw one at £25.

hey let's meet for dinner one of these days leh! i very hardworking la... but still have time for dinner :)

A traveler said...

I settled on the balck one.... but still so uncertain that I have not cut the price tag!-Fickle fickle! :P

Dinner would be good!