Tuesday, October 24, 2006

cold long winter walks

we have shifted..

and I am now braving myself to cold long winter walks.. to work.

Can it sound any more exciting?
Nope. The only motivation is figuring out how much I earn per hour x 3, and also remembering the bills that need to be paid now that we shifted.

The walk takes more than 1/2 hour each way, pass cottages, B&Bs... charming little houses of varying sizes and occupied by people with various level of wealth. At one section of the road, you could smell, £££, looking at the Jags and Mercs park at the roadside, driveway. At one section, you see smaller single storey cottages, with bicycles (students?, environmentalists?), or some battered car.

In short, this area seemed peaceful. Laidback. Nice. Village feel with all the mod cons.
If you keep on looking, you could almost fool yourself that you are a tourist and not walking to work :) Lovely. I could retire here, and choose my dinners from the three take outs- one Indian, one chinese and one fish and chip. Heathrow 15-20 minutes away, and London 40 mins away by car.

But.... the weather is getting colder, and it is really difficult to dress appropriately to walk more than 1/2 hour. Wear a coat, and you would sweat. No coat, and you will definitely shiver, esp when wind blows. And what happens when it rains? Gosh. I need BOOTS!!!!!

I have already caught my first round of winter flu bug, thanks to the stupid guy on the bus last week. That idiot was coughing at my face!!! I should have slapped him for these few days of misery. If i dont get well by this weekend, my copenhagen will be spoiled.

Non coherent babbling.. as usual.

I am drugged. thanks to that flu .........

No comments: