Sunday, October 15, 2006

Thames walk

Would you believe it that after almost 1 full year in London, I have not done the Thames walk?

Nope.

I have not been to the Borough Market, Tate Modern or that Shakespeare Globe thing?

So, yesterday, I bullied/threatened/persuaded hubby to go with me.

We went to the Borough Market at Southwark which is famous by its variety of stuff and plenty of samplings. Honestly, I think that it is overrated. True, it has those wild mushrooms and organic vege range that is quite hard to find elsewhere, but th other stuff are pretty usual, and can be found in most supermarkets.

The samplings are mostly from the cheese stalls.

My hubby thought that we faced discriminations. Noticed a few times that these people had been busy handling out samples, but when it is our turn, and we walk forward, they turned away and did not offer the samples which they have to all the whites before us!

Racial discrimination? or..... mere co-incidence?? It happened in about 3 stalls.

I am not sure, but was quite certain it was.

Well, but then again, I notice a few 2 different Chinese gals(no, not from china. I suspect they are from the spore!!!! ) who did disgusting things.

  • One happily "sampled" a fruit from a basket which was meant for sale after happily pinching and wondering aloud what it was when the stall holder look away. Desperate.
  • Another happily flipped and squeezed people's stuff and then quite shamelessly take repeated helpings of samples without even a "thank you".
Do they despise us and discrimnate against us because of our behaviour of because of our race??

Sigh................

After parting with £3 to buy a few pieces of hand made chocolate truffles (YUMMM), we took the Thames walk towards the TATE.

We walked past the CLINK. yeah. The CLINK was the most "notorious" prison and is now a money making tourist attraction, and the origins to the phrase of "going to the clink". :)
I did not bother to go in. Bad aura around the area-sadness, darkness which had not been entirely shed off. I was happy to walk off quickly.

The Tate Modern building had a middle tower/finger sticking out, and probably the ugliest museum building in London. From far, it looks like a brown fist with a middle finger stuck out. I complained to hubby that my mind had been irreversibly damaged by that Mr Brown and his Code.

There was a big crowd at the Tate, and a long queue for the "slides". I did not have guts to try. Did not want to make headlines-

"woman stuck in the Tate's slides. Art piece damaged."


The art pieces in the Tate, as expected of "modern art", were rather "thought provoking", with lots of opportunities for the "fertile mind" to run wild. Enough said.

The day would have been perfect if it ended with a show or two at Covent garden, but yours truly had PMS. Crampy legs, crappy mood. So.. off we went to Chinatown to buy groceries (what else), and go home.

Damn hungry when I reached home. Had gastric pain. And the two As were purposely doing a slow motion with their dinner.


I saw the smirk on that stupid A's face as he cut his cucumber it slow motion
(It was a real cucumber, I wished it was the other one). I was too tired to fight. Otherwise, I would bring out a pan and start heating my sambal belacan, and make them run out of the kitchen!!! Hahaha....

I only had dinner about 2 hours later, when they are done with it. And that time, was was rolled over with stomach pain, and no longer felt hungry. Poor me... sob sob





No comments: