Saturday, October 14, 2006

My first coat, and my first UK job

Cunning shopper..,.Who?Me?

The past week or so was spent desperately getting a working wardrobe. Yeah, the past week or so, which means I bought things before the mid-season sales started!!! I was really reluctant to buy, as I knew teh sales would start 1-2 weeks later. Darn.

But luckily, I learned to be more cunning, or rather.. bitchy?? I am afriad I am learning to be the later one. Uh oh.

I bought a white blouse which I thought was PLAIN but quite nicely cut from M&S for £25. It is a bit ex for a blouse which look like that. I cant help bvut convert to SGD--- 75!!!

But like I said, I am kinda getting shrewed/bitchy whatever, thanks to observing women bring bag loads of clothes for refund. Nah, I am not so LOW as to wear the clothes on with the tags on and then ask for refund. That is was too LOW. I rather wear rags than do that. I just left the tags on, and wash it a day or two before I was going to wear it.

....And before I got a chance to wear that blouse, the sales started. So... I send it back for refund!!! As I paid with credit card, it was not cash refund, but a refund in voucher. So, I can take my £25 voucher to buy stuff at discounted rate now!!! Hehehe.... Hubby have not found out about it- I wonder what is his reaction when he reads this entry.

Hahah.. he better realise I am not so innocent/gullible/goody goody anymore... I am BAD!!

The first COAT............
BTW, I settled on the BLACK one from Dorothy Perkins. :)

This is the FIRST coat in my life!!! £60. Relatively cheap for a coat. But when during sales, it will cost only 1/2 of this!!!
The photo they supplied is a size 8 coat-which did not reflect how it would look like on me. So I EXPANDED the photo above Horizontally......... to get the size 14 effect. Size 14 is a bit tight on me, and will be really tight in middle of winter if I pile on more layers. I think I will not be able to button and freeze to death. So, this kind of reminds/threatens me to lose some weight for freeze to death. I got two more weeks to do so before going to Copenhagen.

FIRST week at work.............
Bless those Brits!
The press "log off" at 5.00pm SHARP!! By 5.02, bags are packed, and by 5.05pm, they are at the car-park. Haha!! Needless to say, I love them to pieces.

Compare this to my previous office. Even in those rare 1 or 2 days i magically finished off at 430 pm, I still hanged around, pretended to look busy and only left at 6:30pm (officially to work till 530pm) Even then, people still gave me the "woah, so early??" As if, it is normal/expected of me to leave at 9pm every day? Work now is 830 to 5:00pm. -7.5 hours per day. people dont come late,but they dont leave late. Brilliant!

Things went quite well, although the travel kills me-both in terms of cost and time. On my first day, I took the usual route, and spent almost £10 on it. Then, I took the bus, and saved. Spent £3 on my third day at work, but I was dead tired.

oh ya Copenhagen. ... I am going off end of the month for 6 days!!!

woah ahahahaha.... for work though, which means it is damned stressful. Well, boss is nice, and since Matt (my colleague, a 6 feet 4 inch guy) and I have not been to Copenhagen, she sent us there one day early, so that we could hang around and "play tourist" a bit before slaving it out. Yipee...

This is the first time I ever had got to go one day early and got my hotel paid... haha...
Damn the stupid ex-boss who made me take the 7 am flight out and 11pm flight in. Inhuman!!

.. and I need to shop.. for really decent clothes for that 5 day meeting. 5 sets of really decent clothes... £££££££... before i even get my pay. Damn broke.

No comments: