Saturday, March 17, 2007

1 pound lighter.....my hair!

Thursday was spent spending money.

Had lunch with Bisoumoi in Chinatown, and wolf down a big plate of Japanese curry rice! It is fun meeting up with someone whose' life you always read about; there is this surprising level of familiarity with someone who you have never met before! That- is the magic of blogs.

The haircut was a disaster and a disappointment.

Firstly, hubby called the Stamford St branch to book. No one told him that he is not supposed to go there, but to go to New Oxford St. So, we happily went to the Stamford St branch, and told that we got the place wrong. What followed was a rush with a bulging tummy (it is the Japanese curry, you think what?) on foot, on Tube.

There was this most unhelpful dog at that branch who answers your queries with a dismissive "No". Any empty slots in other classes? No. Can we book a session the following week? No. No empty space. If not for the lady next to him who tried to help and ask him to check- there are indeed spaced next Mon-Wed (but bloody idiot did not tell us), I would have ended my queries with a "that's all".I bet the little G** would have watched the Devil Wears Prada and knew what i was doing.

So, I ended up cutting my hair in Chinatown (I have been psychoed into believing that ang mohs generally cannot cut asian hair properly, unless they are damn good-£££). Gosh. That was really risky and scary! The woman took out SO MUCH hair in the layering that I feel I have no hair left. It looks at the shop because she ironed it straight--but the next day.

Since I stupidly left the camera with hubby, I ended up going shopping. And spending £££ again. I hope my daffodils will survive the predicted cold snap next week!

No comments: