Friday, March 23, 2007

gym

Yesterday I joined a gym, as a spy.

Today I went there to exercise-did 1/2 hour of excercise(burnt 180 calories), and perhaps 1/2 hour of cooling down. The problem is, they have a cafe brewing Starbucks coffee overlooking a lake with nice sofas for reading and I can spend an afternoon reading there. I saw people enjoying their afternoon tea there and a woman sitting at a corner table with a pile of papers/books. She looked like she was doing research or mugging for exams. I think I can join them here next week!

What is the calorie content of a cup of Cappucino, tall? What if I get hungry and get a biscoti? The carrot cakes looked good too. Aw... no no no. That would be bad for my wallet and my waist!

I actually miss the level of "service" in singapore and malaysia, can you believe it?? The service in the retail sector is fantastic; returns exchanges, try ons without those sales girl acting like you are a beggar. However once you are out of the retail sector and dealing with the more gentle older people, eg- those around 20 gym staff, you can vomit blood.

Being a spy, I have to come in contact with them to assess the service. Now, I dont know how to fill up the forms. Hammer them too much, and I may suffer consequences, as I think I like the club and may remain a member after the spying mission. How?

I also found a nice place doing Decleor facials, giving 20% discounts until mid april. Decleor any good? Heard that they dont use machines or do extraction. Hmm... I think I miss extractions.

No comments: