Friday, March 09, 2007

Humongous words

This week's new theme:

Humongous words. Yes, the more complicated it is, the better, and preferably used in an alliterative way.

Eg, make sentences like:
...to include inputs, involvement and interactions of important members....

Then, insist on Englishness, by saying:
"....irregardless..., we have to use UK spelling!!!"

Damn, it feels like I am back to secondary two. J was angry because he lost to a gal in science. Gals should be terrible in science and losing to one was a major loss of face to a pimply 14 year old.

So, J threw me huge huge words. Big was slum-ish. Large was laughable. Only humongous words could show off your intellect. :D I miss "quarrels" with J. We were after all really good friends, and J actually brought along a dictionary in school. Honestly, without J, I wont be who I am. He is one of those important friends in your development stage who helped to shape who you are today.

This is how we used to fight:

"choppp!!! What did you say?"

"xyz! Don't you understand? Proven-girls are stupid"

"Don't understand! Not like you, I don't speak English at home! Ok, why don't we speak in Chinese? Speak Chinese!"

[For someone who could not even pronounce his name accurately in Chinese...] "Ok, ok. Check dictionary..."

Wait, how do you spell XYZ?

Girls are stupid, X-Y-Z!!!! Grrrr.

.... and then I would check the dictionary & get angry when I realised what he meant. During the "cease fire", I would compose my argument by substituting the words with humongous synonyms to scold him.
Those were the fun, innocent days. Where did they go?

This time, it is not innocent. It is a constant stress.

Gosh, I am a lazy bum. Why must you insult me?

No comments: