Sunday, March 18, 2007

New invention: Niang (stuffed) Yorkshire pudding

Yesterday I invented a new recipe- Niang(stuffed) Yorkshire pudding

It all started because I have some extra mini yorkshire puddings from Sainsburry and I had no place to put them, and I also had some mincemeat left after another attempt to make "lion head". The lion head attempt did not materialise because we had eaten up all the meat balls before they get a chance to be stewed into lion head. Instead, we just cooked them with "tang hoon"- mung bean noodles- soup. Yummy!

The accidental invention of niang yorkshire pudding was yummy!

Ingredients
6 mini Yorkshire pudding shells (can get those frozen ones from sainsbury, or DIY)
1 bowl mince meat
1 egg
1 tbsp of corn flour
1 tbsp of those "flour" you use to make instant mashed potato. (I think this is optional)
about 1-2tbsp of milk (this is to make the stuffing more watery, so that the puddings will turn out soggy in the centre, crispy outside)
1 pinch of pepper
1 pinch of italian herbs, a bit of extra thyme if you like it

How to do?
Mix all these things together
Fill up the "centre" of puddings with the meat
put into oven for 10 minutes.


Unfortunately I dont know the oven temperature, as I just used the leftover heat from making cakes. (probably around 150C??) I think it is impt not to leave it too long, cos it would dry out the meat stuffing.

I think I will make more of these when I need to go for picnics!


Now I got cravings for Niang tofu!!! Where can I find the fish???

No comments: