Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year 2007!

This year, like last year was a quite one. I am staying at home.

But this year is better than last year. I am in a neighbourhood where people like to let off fireworks, and I can see it from my window as I type this entry. That is improvement in quality of life, isnt it?

Gone are my crazy days. Gone are our crazy days. How to be so crazy anymore? The gals whom I went out with, and spent a night talking outside city hall ten years ago can no longer do this kind of things. One is expecting a baby, one is overseas, one is probably on call or busy making babies *wink*, one has an important job where image counts, and can no longer hang out by the roadside talking rubbish. And another one, the reluctant gal who came along ten years ago only to throw tantrum at us, is now a "rich" Dr something something. Yeah. The rich gal who can only fly SIA. Ten years. Things change. People change. I am glad that I am almost as close as ever to the gals (except one or two), although distance and work means we rarely see each other or talk.

The clock struck 12 and we turned off the light... It is crazy. Fireworks are light up the skyline. I was so busy turning my eyes from left to right to watch it. If there is one things good about this mouldy flat, the fireworks view is definitely to die for.

No resolutions for me this year. Gone are my teenage days where the days between Christmas and new year were spent checking on the last year's resolution, and try to rush to meet target on those which I had not, and short list another list of items to go into the new year's resolution list, to be pasted on the front few pages of my diary, so that I could tick them as a meet them. I was an A++ type! Those were productive days, but not necessarily contented and happy ones.

Now I have no resolution. A few years ago I resolved to make no more resolutions. And here I am. Less successful. But happier. I am now a happy type B. If there is one things I would like to do, it is to get reminded that I am aging, and therefore should spend more $$ on skincare, and save some $$ for my old age. Hmm.. how do you do spend more and save more? My parents are getting old too, and now that I am roaming so far away, I saw them for less than 3 days for the last 365 days, and definitely talked to them for less than 24 hours the past 365 days. Now that I have discovered PINEAPPLE card, and have my own land line, I must call more often! I am going to call them tomorrow! I regreted not spending enough time with gong gong and po po to this day, and must make sure I will never have the same regret again wrt to my parents. Sigh... how do you live your dreams and yet be near your parents? It is a difficult, isnt it?

What am I rambling on? It is new year's day.. and I shall celebrate. Gonna dig out that vodka thing that MS gave us, and the liqueur chocolate we bought at Stow on the Wold. BTW, I started learning French on my own, and found the tongue twisting a killer! I hope I can keep up with it. Ganbade! (Ops, that is jap!)

No comments: