Thursday, January 11, 2007

Before I die, I MUST Trek Machu Picchu

The route is about 33km long, and we will reach a high point of 14,200 feet (4,200M). Our two nights acclimatisation in Cuzco should temper the effects of altitude. The path is not technically difficult, but sturdy boots, strong legs and good cardiovascular fitness are essential. Prepare well for this amazing challenge. Our porters will carry equipment; you will only need to carry a daypack

To take part in this exciting event, we require a non-refundable registration fee of £199 plus your commitment to raise a minimum of £2,750 in sponsorship. Full details are available upon application.
Learned from my colleagues that you can travel and make your dreams come true without putting in £££. But you got to put in the effort. No problem!! What is more meaningful than doing something for charity?? Action Medical Research is one which I support!

The link: http://www.action.org.uk/get_involved/trek_machu_picchu.php

How can I raise £2750!! And who wants to come with me or donate $$$??

Shit, suddenly I feel like doing something which I dont want to do-- pass a resolution to do one trek a year to ensure my bum stop getting bigger. Better not. If the almighty politicians who are so clever and smart never turn those "resolutions" into facts, how can I?? Stay away from resolutions.

No comments: