Thursday, January 18, 2007

The "storm" .............

Today is all about the wind, the storm.

I went to work late, as I did not feel like walking 30 minutes in strong wind and rain. The wind was shockingly strong this morning, that I felt "pushed" back by it. I think that was probably the milder part of the morning. Once I arrived in the office, the wind just picked up.

From the office window, I got distracted with the sound of the wind and also the sound of the sheds in the allotments cracking. The nicest shed, the most posh of it all; white metal type, was blown off and flattened. No kidding. We watches as the wind uprooted the shed, and see it slowly crumbled and finally flattened. To our surprise, the wooden "poor" looking sheds which looked like they were put together with scraps of wood were alright! Sounds like something from the 3 little pig.

No comments: