Monday, January 01, 2007

new year effect...

Must be because it is 1st January, and I am too broke to go out. That is why I am flooding my blog with posts.

Just this morning, we were so sad/angry/disappointed (can't exactly describe the feeling!) that the flags of X country is flying as part of EU. It is as if proof that crime/fraud/lies work, and law abiding people like us are stupid! Yes, in their own words, stupid. Hubby and I are stupid. The English are stupid (and dirty too!).

  • Darn, one doctor who got what she wanted-indefinite right to remain, and now a practicing as a doctor soon. If I go to a church or a temple, I must remember to pray for all the patients who will get treated by her.
  • One darned doctor who did not manage to pass those qualifying tests, and blamed it on the inferior medical system in England, and decided she did not need to study or pay fees, when all she got to do was to wait for 2008.
  • One pathetic doctor who tried to do funny things with the council tax and put down our names (and removed theirs) behind our back, (when we had told them we will pay council taxes, and not cheat,) so that we get into trouble if they get caught, and they saved the tax money.
  • One doctor who lied so much, that we were wondering if she was stupid, or she thought we are really so stupid.
  • One doctor who told me if I got money, I can get my indefinite right to remain immediately (is that how she got hers??), and paid £1000 per year to "attend" (but never go!) some dubious college for a degree in Biomedical science management, and remained here on a student visa.

  • One more guy who could not produce his passport, depended on his NI number card (which got me really suspicious when mid last year, there was big news about NI fraud and illegal immigrants).
  • One more guy who probably had a criminal record in his own country, , beaten and abandoned his wife and blamed his actions on her producing a son for him and forced him to marry her. He might as well said he revenged because he was raped!
  • One guy who was smart enough to hook up the only daughter of a "rich man", and told me on the first day I arrived how rich his gf was.
  • One smart aleck who would check the metres-electricity and gas meters the moment he arrived home.. and then displayed his smartness by saying.. "oh, you washed clothes!".. and then bluff about how little his friend spends on electricity.
  • One bloody slimy guy who pretended he could not understand English whenever we tried to talk to him, and he is on the wrong side.
  • One complete idiot who used metres of masking tape to fix the shower head to his favorite position and told me it was spoiled, and implied I had spoiled it ("Don't change position.. blah blah... it is alright, I fixed it with the tape").
  • One idiot who bluffed that he fixed the shower head with silicon when his "lie" was exposed-- I removed the masking tape and found it working perfectly. (Hello.. I know more these stuff than you do, ok? I am my dad's gal.)
  • One snake-y guy who would act as if we are in the wrong by saying "it is alright, no problem, next time don't do again", whenever he did something wrong/stupid. The shower head incidence is just one of many examples.
  • One hypocrite who complained about things being not neat/dry enough, being clean blah blah blah, when he shoots his phelgm into the sink which contained cups and bowls, and scratch his ass hole and "the front part" while cutting cucumbers for the salads. (One day I thought why don't he take out the other cucumber and cut it as well. Cure another place of itches ... BAD evil me) Oh, did I mention he was my alarm clock? I woke up - at first from his slamming of the doors , and then from his daily phlegm clearance at the balcony, right outside my room.
Their hygiene was so good that if they fall sick, we never managed to escape it.These people don't wash their hands. Yes, the doctor too! I had to go around with disinfectant wet tissue in my pocket (trying to be discreet, and not make them feel bad), and disinfect door knobs, taps, toilet seats. Call me paranoid, but how would you feel someone blow his/her nose (sometimes with bare hands), dont wash their hands properly, and touch this and that? You don't do this when you have a flu! Ewwww Ewww..............That is why good luck to patients who see her! She "borrowed" my basin-meant to wash my delicate stuff for his (infected) feet soaks, and expected me to still wash my lingerie there!

I can never finish with talking about them and did not realise how stressed I was, and how much I lived in fear. At one time, I would set my alarm clock to 4 30 pm. At 4:30 pm, I would go to toilet, bring in a cup of water (and biscuits etc), and hide in my room until hubby comes home. I would wait for the sounds of the idiot coming home, and hoped that it was 1 person, not a few!

I feel sorry for the guy who took over our room. He was chosen from more than 30 people who viewed our room for some reasons. Like hubby, he looked terribly bookish and a new kid in town. He was lucky though, we were around, and they did not cheat him an extra £10 per week. But of course, he must have been surprised (by now) that one half of the professional couple is actually a "painter"-not that kind which contribute works to the National Gallery.. The doctor who had implied she was a medical lecturer is actually working as a masseur/"carer"/phlebotomist.

We had a really beautiful place, but housemates from hell

No comments: