Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A&E.......because of domestic abuse

You know the chinese think that you should not be saying how good your life is because something will go wrong?

Well... I spent my afternoon in the A&E today.

Hubby called right after my nice long lunch (well, you need a nice long lunch after a long battle aka meeting)......blah blah blah.

In short; he got something in his eyeball, he think it is a needle like thing stuck there and he cannot get it out. It hurts. No blood, but hurts. Position? right in the margin between the black thing and the white thing. Blink means hurt.

Needle in eyeball????

So, what do I do? Check with my boss, where the nearest clinic is, and ask for leave. Boss says go A&E, and was nice enough to ask my colleague to send us there, since it was raining.

I was really anxious and worried. Cos the last time this "kid" say he was alright, he was dizzy and drowsy for a couple of days after getting kicked. Now he says "needle in eyeball".I was like...2nd time in A&E within 6 months, gosh!

He looked alright. I saw the white speck lodged there. If it is a needle, he is in serious trouble.

At registration:
Clerk: Aww... How did you get hurt?

Hubby: I was doing housework...

Clerk:(looked up)Wow.. your husband is good! Can you share him?
[Someone was basking in the compliment, giving me the "see, I told you I am great!" look.]

Me: Well, not really. You don't see him here that often, do you?

The clerk was chuckling like mad. Glad that she caught my joke.

The hospital was fast! After less than 1 hour after registration, they removed the "unidentified foreign particle". The doctor was laughing "here is your needle", when he took out that speck of thing there.

He is now snoring loudly. Sleeping... trying to escape "housework".

Well, i got a record against me. Hubby was admitted to A&E because of domestic work.

No comments: