Friday, November 03, 2006

Copenhagen-wining and dining with a millionaire's son

It is damn ex in Copenhagen (for me), but seems to be ok for my colleague, M, whose dad is worth £6m. Haha.. I was so shocked to hear him said that, "my dad probably worth £6m, or maybe more. He is damn rich!!!".

Talk about culture shock! No, he said all this while he was perfectly sober. And this has been repeated many times in the office etc ...It seems perfectly acceptable to talk about these stuff???

I only managed to cover parts of Stroget on my first day. As I was walking in Nyhaven, the wind got stronger and it was really chilly. I was so glad that I was wearing boots!!!COLD!! I did not manage to spend as much time Nyhaven as I wanted, but could make the conclusion that it is postcard perfect with its multi coloured buildings along a river, populated with swans. However, I had the perfect luck to go in low tide, and saw the pollution. Gross. Well, the Danes tell us that it is much better these days. You are allowed to not only fish there, but to eat the fiesh as well.

I got to miss the botanical gardens and the famous Tivoli as well. What a shame!!! My hotel was just next to Tivoli!!

Talking about hotel, I luv the hotel- bed is soooo comfortable!!! Single bed, but it is really long- 2m, and I could stretch my arms and legs anyway I want. The flooring was pine wood. Really cool designs. Clean lines. Hate those frilly flowery stuff. Maybe it is the wine, but I slept so well!

One the first night, we were suuposed to meet again 7 ish for dinner. But now I really learn about predinner cocktail/pre-dinner drink. Well, the " drink" at the hotel bar extended till 9pm! That was when we started to look for dinner. Bad idea. All the nice looking restaurants are full!! Finally found a nice place at Stroget. I actually ate both appetizer and a full main meal of roast pork. The roast pork was surprisingly yummy, and the skin was so crispy, that I ate them all. :D

On the second night, we ate in a nearby restaurant. Ordered a bottle of wine. As the waiter was a new kid on the block, he sent the dinner to teh wrong table. Poor guy. We got a complimentary bottle of wine, and I wonder if the other table got complimentary wrong food as well!!! I got to try all my best to look like I was drinking (I was actually sipping, my wine level did not move.. hehe). The two of them actually could finish almost 1 full bottle each!!!

And this is where I learn a new trick. Make the good use of a bottle of wine!!!!!

These Brits!!!!

M was obviously sober.. but pretended a bit "high", and started asking my boss if he is the one who will take over her place and be the director when she retires! He got the boss to "jokingly" say that he is the one to take over!!!

Hahaa.. I watch the whole thing with a smile... and played along, joking about how to address him when he is the boss. Eu have told me about these stuff, thank goodness, or else I would have really be very very shocked. At least I knew what was going on. Talk about being smooth operator. I think the Americans still got lots to learn from the Brits. It is sort of clear now that this job goes no where, but meanwhile I should learn more of these smooth operation from the millionaire's son.


The bills came up to more than a thousand Kroners for each meal. I sure had great dinners there.

No comments: