Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mold city!!!

Mold ie fungi.. is just like mushrooms (their cousins). Have you heard something like of "like mushroom after rain"?

Overnight, we discovered so many patches of mold in our room-black toxic mold!
Maybe that is why my nose has been feeling really stuffy and I asked hubby to vacuum the house.

I did not notice anything when I went out this morning, but when I came back... I noticed so many patches!!! Did they appear while I was shopping?? Damn!!


I suspected some potential problems when the landlord came last time, he was looking at ceilings checking corners.

Everything ok? Any problems with the ceilings and walls? These are newly done.

Ohh thanks. They are ok.

That is good!

Hmmm... if you are renting, and you got this conversation with your landlord, you better beware.

You could be moving into MOULD CITY!!!-Nah, the picture is not art, it is mould.

At the rate the mould appears in our room, we will become like this by the time we come back from our weekend trip. And all our clothings, books (!), will be damaged as well. Darn!!!

We had a fixed term contract with no exit clause, and that is a big big damn. Should not have taken something without break clause. I cant remember why I went through with it. I will have to live here for 6 months.

Even if the mould seems controlled, they will still come back again anytime. They will still be there.. deep in the walls and ceiling waiting to come back and attack.

I am already allergic to many things, if I am allergic to this one, life is going to be really shitty. It ruined my whole damn night. I am supposed to prepare for an important meeting, but all I could do is Googling to see how I could minimise the damage.

I am not going to sleep well tonight.

Not when my brain is running background processing of all the studies which have associated mold with cancer, asthma, allergies, blah blah blah blah. And this is the damn toxic black mold! Gosh. And to think of all the newer studies that are looking at other ways the fungi family is kiling us slowly is more damning! Shit!!!! Damn. Lets hope that the landlord does something about it. I am going to get tea tree oil tomorrow and hope that it would slow the mold growth at least.

No comments: