Friday, November 03, 2006

I love this sculpture!!!!




This lovely piece of work (minus the grafitti) is located somewhere on a courtyard near round tower, and the sausage shop in Copenhagen town centre. It is partly hidden behind a big tree, and no one would notice it unless they are very nosy, or art lovers. (I am the nosy one.)

It is about 0.7 of actual human size. Put on a "real bench" for humans, you can in fact sit right next to them. Caught my eye immediately, as I felt "love" was the message. ... but as I looked closer....

I noticed it was a very old couple.

The man was bald.

The woman had her hair tied back. Very thin hair, presumably?
Holding each others hands....




But wait!!!! Did you notice her breast????




Her breasts had dropped to the level of her elbows. And the right side dropped more than the left!!!


KL... (if you are reading).. should be able to recognise this.
Breast feeding's side effects???

If you are right handed, you will cradle your baby in such a way that the head(heavier part), would rest around your right elbow/ arm area, and therefore baby would suckle your right breast......???

Am I brilliant????? Hahahaa......

Ok, I admit the part I love best in this sculpture is her breasts. However, I find the expressions on their faces really touching, and very real. The body language says it all. Love, respect, communication, companionship.

Beautiful piece of work.....




No comments: