Saturday, November 18, 2006

Drama in death....

Caught up with my mum in the afternoon.

She told me that the woman died a horrible looking death.
She did not dare to look at her, as those who saw said it said it was really horrible. Most notable-Blisters on her mouth!!

Gosh! Ma said everyone (i.e. the rest of those aunties) was saying that is a retribution for her the things which came out of her big mouth.

"Ah.. then you better not say anything anymore, Ma! She is dead already...."

That was my instant reaction. Worried that my mum would come out with some unkind words.

Retribution??? That is one of the scariest concepts about life that the Chinese have. I personally don't like it. I thought that it is a rather cruel way of looking at things or people. Retribution....?? Is there such a thing?

I thought that being choked to death is horrible. Blisters too???

This is so... morbid? So Cliched? A bit like of out of a story from Amy Tan or Catherine Lim?

Aunt #5, who used to contribute short stories to the paper once said; if she would commit to documenting the family life, she would make big money. The story would become a long Hong Kong TV serial, much bigger than the ""Big Family" (can't remember the name) serial that was shown in the late eighties. And no doubt, this particular woman would contribute lots of character to the show. She had made Aunt #5's life hell during her confinement period.

Drama. So drama in her life and death.

I am trying to get this out of my mind. Worried for myself, I guess. Hahaha. My mouth is not totally guilt free. And now my fingers too. They do lash out pages and pages of nonsense and complaints.

Now I better mind what I say, think, type.. blah blah blah...

No comments: