Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Murder... on my street, mould on my fav jacket

I have lots of stuff going on these few days, but I am just too tired to put everything down. The nice trip to the Cotswolds etc etc etc.

But the weekend away was just a temporary respite. Once we got back we got a warm and mouldy welcome. Cough cough cough, sneeze sneeze sneeze. Itchy eyes, itchy nose, and even itchy skin i think. It is a tiring, and perhaps losing battle against the mould. After all those super kiasu super concentrated sodium bicarbonate and bleach, new discolorations reappeared. On Monday morning, when we opened our cupboard-we are greeted with moldy belts and it even attacked my hubby's down jacket! So we threw away the belts, and rushed his down jacket to the dry cleaner. On the way there, I saw the sign-those big yellow boards that they put on roadsides to appeal for witnesses---
"MURDER".

Murder on my street????


I was shocked, but too preoccupied with coughing to think about it.

When I reach my office, everyone asked me how was my weekend, and I said, great, lovely, sunny weather etc etc. But I obviously did not look convincing at all- with all that red eyes and wet nose. I looked more like a battered wife i guess.

After apologising to everyone for my terrible and tunderous sneezing, I try to settle at my seat. Horror!!!! White patches on my Zara jacket!!!! Can you believe it???

I was so worried that the mould problem would get worse while we are away, and decided to leave my fav jacket in office, thinking that it would be a safer place, but the jacket was not spared!!! Now the jacket is sitting in my kitchen, marinated with tea tree oil. My whole flat is being marinated with tea tree oil, which I rushed to buy right after work. I finished 10 ml of tea tree oil in a night. I am going to smell like a bleeding tea tree, and my pimples will all retreat.

I left work at 7 pm plus last night, not keen to come back to a moldy house, and sneeze sneeze sneeze. I had to take a longer route as the short cut is closed, and thoughts of the murder reappeared in my head. I wondered how and why it happened .Was someone knifed on the street? Was it robbery? Did I see anything? It was right outside my window, damn! I imagine myself at the witness stand. Did I see, hear anything over the past month or so? No. did not notice any thing except that the police had closed off the road on a saturday, and there was a night with bright flashing siren lights that I thought was ambulance and hubby thought were police cars with road blocks. Of course, the thought that hubby uses that bus-stop metres away from the murder sign was unsettling. The fact that I was walking home in a very dark night, almost past a murder spot was totally depressing. Murder and mould ............. what have I got myself into? Damned flat!

Yesterday night was spent cleaning and cleaning as soon as I reached home. I repeated the same thing again.

Murder and mould probably clouded my thoughts so much that I forgot to mention that I got a great bargain of a bagful of books for £1! Uxbridge is still lovely, despite the murder and mould I am facing.

My ma and my pa should not know that murder was less than 50 m from where her daughter lives and walk pass every day, and that her darling son in law has to wait for a bus so nearby. Ma will really panic. My London is just getting more and more exciting. The old flat was on a street where a woman was dragged to a side street and sexually assaulted. Hubby was robbed and assaulted on his way back. And now this.. murder on my street. As careful as we do in going for peaceful areas, these things still happen around us. Sigh........

Oh, did I mention that I just Googled for the news of the murder? The victim was a Chinese woman, owner of a local takeaway. She must have suffered kicking and stamping for more than 15 minutes... brutally murdered. Four youths have been arrested, but RELEASED on bail!!! Now I remember I saw a gang of 4 youths yesterday on my way back, while wondering about the murder. I really got to be extra careful.

No comments: